Core areas that the Committee is authorized and directed to study, investigate and analyze include:
- Goals appropriate to the future of the arts and cultural life of California and the role the Legislature and state government should play in achievement of these goals;
- Arts legislation in other states and at the federal level and recommendations for legislation in this state;
- The status of arts education in California;
- The economic impact of the Arts in California; and
- The budget and programs of the California Arts Council.
The 2017-18 Regular Session committee membership has not been established by the Senate Rules Committee.